TRUBLUE SPEED 16 meter
Take the most widely used and trusted auto belay in the world, add an extra dose of speed, and you get the TRUBLUE SPEED Auto Belay.
The TRUBLUE SPEED Auto Belay is based on our TRUBLUE, the most widely used and trusted auto belay in the world. Retraction speed is fast enough to outrun even the world’s elite speed climbers, and our magnetic braking provides the familiar, gentle descent of a TRUBLUE.
- Same Magnetic Braking: It's the same patented magnetic eddy current braking that climbers have come to love because of the gentle descent
- Same Reliability and Low Maintenance: Eddy current magnetic braking is friction free and has no sacrificial wear parts in the braking system, so our devices are extremely reliable and low maintenance
- Retraction Speed: The TRUBLUE SPEED Auto Belay retracts at 2.7 seconds for a 10m wall, and 3.5 s for a 15 meter wall which will outpace IFSC standards and is fast enough for current and future world records
- Widest Range of Rider Weights: The TRUBLUE auto belays accommodate the widest weight range of any device on the market, from 10 to 150 kg (22–330 lbs), making speed climbing accessible to the youngest speed climbers of any auto belay on the market
- Pulling Force: Per IFSC standards, the TRUBLUE Speed Auto Belay exerts minimum force on a climber, so the results are all yours
- Maximum descent height: 15.8m (52 ft)
- Dimensions: 37 x 33 x 23 cm (15 x 13 x 9 in)
- Device Weight: 18.5 kg (40.8 lbs)
- Rated Working Capacity: 10 to 150 kg (22 to 330 lbs)
- Retraction Time: 2.7 sec on a 10m wall, 3.5 sec on a 15m wall
- TRUBLUE SPEED 16m (black webbing handle)
- MINIMUM MOUNTING HEIGHT* 12 m (39.5 ft)
- MAXIMUM MOUNTING HEIGHT* 16 m (52.5 ft)
* Mounting heights are measured from nozzle to ground
- American National Standard ANSI/ASSE Z359.4-2007 "Safety Requirements for Assisted-Rescue and Self-Rescue Systems, Subsystems and Components"
- Canadian Standard, CSA Z259.2.3-99 "Descent Control Devices"
- Australian and New Zealand Standard, AS/NZS 1891.3 1997 "Industrial fall-arrest systems and devices – Part 3: Fall arrest devices"
- European Union Directive BS EN 341 "Personal protection equipment against falls from a height – Descender devices"