Castlecomer Discovery Park now offers innovative interactive zipping and climbing experience.
Three hundred metres of exhilaration…will you zip down Castlecomer Discovery Park’s newest adventure activity? Castlecomer Discovery Park’s range of adventure activities has expanded significantly with the addition of a 300m twin zipline and high ropes courses in the woodland.
Accompanying the new zipline, visitors can also take on two new high-ropes courses. Set on an octagonal frame, the courses will present obstacles in the form of poles, platforms, ropes, nets, bridges and walkways. It will challenge those who have conquered the existing Tree-Top Adventure Walk Course.
Are you brave enough to take on the challenge? Did we mention it will be the longest zipline in the Republic of Ireland?
Active Game Fun For All Age Groups
In the current age of digital entertainment, one of Castlecomer Discovery Park’s key objectives is to get the younger generations interest in playing outdoors and become more physically active. In this context, Skywalker have developed an “interactive” solution that combines fun games and opportunities to play that involve but do not overemphasise physical activity. “Interactive fun is what nowadays kids are used to,” explains Ewout van Voorst. “Besides, technology and gaming is an integral part of our business model. Integrating both aspects in our design concepts is, therefore, a no-brainer. Castlecomer Discovery Park is now one of the first interactive climbing parks. And I’m sure more will follow suit.” “Many kids think that if it ain’t digital it can’t be fun,” adds van Voorst. “Castlecomer Discovery Park can show them that a feeling of adventure doesn’t necessarily require a computer screen.”
Interactive Climbing Fun
The Skywalker designs for Castlecomer Discovery Park also include less formalised layouts, allowing visitors to participate in activities that leave room for more spontaneous approaches. “We not only aim to attract the widest possible target audience, we also would like to encourage visitors to think of our premises as a one big playground,” explains Liz Nolan, the General Manager of Castlecomer Discovery Park. “This may on one hand mean having fun completing our climbing courses, but may at the same time also include being part of a group or team tackling various other challenges across the park. The Skywalker concept of sharing course layouts between different types of activities has increased the number of games we are able to offer to visitors significantly.”
About Castlecomer Discovery Park:
Set in a stunning 80 acre woodland, Castlecomer Discovery Park boasts an exciting range of recreational and educational activities. This ‘young’ park opened in 2007 and comprises scenic walking trails, lakes, boating, fishing, high-ropes adventure activities, a fascinating multi-media coal mining museum, orienteering trails, schools education programme, design craft workshops, Elf & Fairy village and an award winning café. There’s a whole day of fantastic activities to be experienced for visitors of all ages so come see for yourself!
This beautiful park continues to evolve and is actively developing a range of recreational, cultural and educational amenities and activities for visitors of all ages. This includes a Tree Top Adventure Walk, Leap of Faith & Climbing Wall; new woodland orienteering trails (1, 2, 3km); fly & bait fishing lakes; and an extensive education programme for both primary and secondary schools. www.discoverypark.ie
About Skywalker Adventure Builders:
Creating extraordinary High-Rope Adventures: Skywalker develops up-market concepts for Family Entertainment Centers (FEC) and Outdoor activity sites and manufactures ECO forest high-wire parks, high ropes courses, adventure towers, outdoor playgrounds and adventure parks. Experience, innovative design, high quality, and the safety and durability of their products earmark Skywalker as one of the leading manufacturers of adventurous leisure facilities in Europe. The unique services portfolio, combined with ERCA (European Ropes Course Association) certified training programs, enables customers to run a safe and profitable operation with a fast ROI.
Additional expert information on the Adventure Business
Interested to read more about the Adventure Business with our expert articles?
- Logistics and throughput in Adventure Parks, key elements in Customer satisfaction
- Profitable Upgrades for Aerial Adventure Parks
- Integrating Gaming Technology into Adventure Parks
- Optimizing Adventure Park Operations: The Power of Predictive Analytics
- The Benefits of Integrating Urban Adventure Play in Commercial Retail
- Creating Profitable Adventure Parks: Tips and Strategies
- Roller Coaster Zipline: The Thrilling and Profitable Amusement Solution
- Prioritizing Safety: The Key to Success in Aerial Adventure Parks
- Maximize Your Adventure Park's Potential with an Online Reservation System
- Importance of a Safety and Quality Management System at Adventure Parks
- Virtual Reality Training in Adventure Parks: Revolutionizing Skill Development and Safety
- Climbing to New Heights: Boosting Traffic and Revenue with an Indoor Ropes Course
- How to Launch a Zip Line Company
- Ride a bike modified to attach to a zipline cable
- Adopting Universal Design and Adaptive Techniques for Inclusive Adventure
- From Skills to Thrills: How to Start and Run a Successful Adventure Business
- Thinking of investing and operating a Zipline? We got you covered with this expert article!
- Rope Course Construction: A Comprehensive Guide
- Leisure and Adventure in Retail Real Estate: The Future of Shopping
- The Benefits of Netted Attractions for Operators and Guests
- Thrills Adventure for Family Entertainment Centers’