Using a TRUBLUE auto belay in your climbing wall facility increases participation while driving down costs and risk. Auto belays benefit all levels of climbers, from the novice getting a feel for the movement to the elite climber focusing on conditioning and training.
The TRUBLUE uses a self-regulating magnetic braking system and is engineered to meet the strictest safety standards of all auto belays. Modular and compact, TRUBLUE auto belays are easy to install, move and maintain. Plus, TRUBLUE accommodates the widest range of climber weights of all auto belay systems. This makes it ideal for climbing walls used by both children and adults.
- Smooth descent: The self-regulating braking system has minimal variation in the descent rate of a child (at 22 lb/10 kg min.) and an adult (at 330 lb/150 kg max).
- Reliability with no sacrificial wear parts: Non-contacting magnetic technology with a reliable self-regulating backup system.
- Meets international safety standards: TRUBLUE is designed for climbers and engineered for safety. We engineered TRUBLUE to meet international safety standards for fall arrest devices.
- Extensive safety testing: For over four years, the TRUBLUE auto belay has undergone extensive safety testing by an ISO 17025 accredited company specializing in product testing.
- No clutch bearing: The TRUBLUE has been engineered to eliminate the need for one-way clutch bearings. This eliminates a key potential point of failure that is present in other auto belay designs, as well as the need to maintain and replace these mechanisms.
- Gentle whirring noise: Our auto belay makes a gentle whirring noise as the climber descends, alerting those below of a descending climber.
- Simple to install and easy to relocate: Compact modular unit designed to be hung from a top anchor. Just one step and no cost... Units can be moved to accommodate classes, birthday parties and other group activities, reducing staffing costs.
- Maximum descent height of 41 feet (12.5 m): Provides the longest range of all modular systems.
- Accommodates a wide range of climber weights: The TRUBLUE allows for a weight range of 22 – 330 lbs (10 to 150 kg), making it the ideal auto belay system for facilities with a wide audience of children and adults.
Minimal Maintenance Requirements and Costs
- Webbing based system: Will not damage walls like cable-based systems can. Plus, webbing is preferred by climbers over cable for its more natural feel.
- Reduced webbing wear: Unique field-replaceable webbing delivery nozzle significantly reduces webbing wear.
- Minimal Maintenance: Webbing replacement for the TRUBLUE is significantly less expensive than cable replacement for other types of auto belays.
- Low cost of ownership: The TRUBLUE has no limit on the number of cycles before annual re-certification. Because they are modular, TRUBLUE units can be sent to our servicing center should they need repair, saving you money on costly site visits for stationary/fixed auto belays.