Auto-Belays not just for climbing gyms.
An auto belay – the device that slowly lowers you to the ground without help from another person – is synonymous with climbing. Not anymore. An auto belay can be used for any instance where you need to get down to the ground in a reliable, comfortable, and controlled way. This could be an intentional descent, like to get down from a zip line platform, or as a safety-device to prevent falls. Broadening the definition of auto belay in this way means the applications are endless.
Photo: Mount your QUICKjump and TRUBLUE side-by-side
Here are five unique ways to use an auto belay:
- Mount it next to a QUICKjump to give people an option for their descent off a platform – great for zip lines, ropes courses, amusement parks or recreation centers. Some people prefer a more relaxed descent compared to the thrill of the QUICKjump, so why don't you offer another alternative? Using a TRUBLUE Auto Belay next to your QUICKjump lets people choose what kind of descent experience they want.
- Put one on a treehouse, or a tree that your kids like to climb, or a backyard jungle gym.Treehouse Masters on Animal Planet did a camp-themed treehouse recently and put a TRUBLUE on a small climbing wall for the kids.
- Forget climbing, use one to learn to repel like the Boy Scouts do. The idea is the scouts are clipped into the TRUBLUE while actually practicing a repel down the wall. If they make a mistake, the TRUBLUE catches and slowly lowers them to the ground.
- Use it to reduce risk in industries working with heights. Tree climbers, window washers, linemen, construction crews – anyone who goes up high could benefit. TRUBLUEs are modular and easy-to-install, meaning they can move as your project progresses. Anytime you're up high, with a risk of falling, consider mounting a TRUBLUE as a risk mitigation strategy.
- Take your dog for a walk. We don't recommend this, but hey, it worked for this guy:
Additional expert Information regarding Auto Belay technology and advantages
Interested to read more about the Auto Belay technology and expert opinions?
- Why More FECs Trust TRUBLUE Auto Belays
- TRUBLUE iQ+ World's first catch-and-hold auto belay
- Climbing Walls at FECs: ROI Considerations
- Improve the Accessibility and Inclusivity of Your Climbing Gym
- Catch-and-Hold: What is it and how does it work?
- Climbing on Auto Belay: What You Need to Know
- What is No Delay Belay?
- 7 Ways Magnetic Braking Is Better Than Friction
- A Kid’s Guide to Gym Climbing
- 5 Ways TRUBLUE Can Help a Climbing Gym
- Auto-Belay and hands-free climbing challenges
- Auto Belay for Speed Climbing
- Speed climbing is becoming more popular then ever
- 5 unique ways to use an auto belay
- Auto belay retraction systems white paper